Last Updated: October 25, 2023
- Through our website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- In other contexts, such as through customer engagements; or
- Any third-party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from visitors under the age of 16. If we learn that we have received personal information from someone under the age of 16, we will delete the information in accordance with applicable law.
Types of Information We Collect
The types of Personal Information we collect about you depend on your interactions with us and are described below.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect Personal Information that you provide to us. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you contact us, request information or other materials, fill out a form, respond to a survey, apply for an open career position, or otherwise communicate with us.
Depending on the context of your interactions with the Website, the categories of Personal Information that we may collect about you include:
- Unique Identifiers that we can use to identify you as a unique individual, such as your name, telephone number, postal or email address, business phone numbers, business addresses, and business email addresses.
- Demographic Information, which may include sensitive Personal Information about protected classifications, such as your gender.
- Professional and Educational Information related to your occupation, such as current and previous employers, your job title, and other information about the organization with which you are affiliated. You might also provide information about your education, degrees, fields of study, languages, professional memberships, qualifications, certifications, and other information commonly found on resumes in connection with job applications.
- Health Information, such as accessibility requirements.
- Location Information, such as your city, state, and country.
- Any other information that you choose to provide.
You can generally visit our Website without providing us with Personal Information, though we may still collect Personal Information automatically as described in the following section.
Information We May Collect Automatically
We may automatically collect information from and about you when you interact with the Website, which may include the following categories of data:
- Device and Connection Information, such as information about your internet connection, device used to access the Website, your device’s operating system, or your browser type.
- Website Interaction Information. We may automatically collect information about your interactions with the Website, such as traffic data, content you view, features accessed, pages you view on the Website, and search terms used.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may collect Personal Information from other sources, such as our business partners. We may obtain Personal Information about you when you provide that information to third-party service providers for submission to us, such as through our job application portal. We may also receive information about you when you interact with our social media accounts. We may also collect information from publicly available sources, such as public social media profiles, publications, and other websites or materials available through search engines.
The technologies we may use for automatic data collection include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
We permit third parties to place cookies throughout the Website to provide us with better insights into the Website usage or user demographics. These third parties may collect information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites. For example, we may utilize Google Analytics to analyze usage patterns of the Website. Google Analytics generates a cookie to capture information about your use of the Website which Google uses to compile reports on website activity for us and to provide other related services. Google may use a portion of your IP address to identify their cookie, but this may or may not be associated with any other data held by Google. For more information about how Google Analytics uses data collected through the website, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of Google Analytics cookies, visit: http://www.google.com/settings/ads and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information that we collect for various purposes, including:
- To respond to your questions, requests, or communications.
- To troubleshoot and update our Website.
- To estimate our audience size and use patterns.
- To recognize you and store information about your preferences, allowing the Website to be customized to your individual preferences.
- To expand and maintain our list of contacts.
- To send you communications and other information or materials that may interest you.
- As we believe reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with our legal obligation, respond to legal process, or requests for information issued by government authorities, or to protect your, our, and other’s rights.
- For the purpose for which you provided the information.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How We May Share the Information We Collect
Solugen does not sell Personal Information and has not sold any Personal Information within the past twelve (12) months. We further do not share Personal Information that reasonably identifies you with unaffiliated entities for their independent use except when we have your permission, at your direct instruction, as needed to comply with legal obligations, as permitted by law, or as otherwise stated in this Policy.
We may use and disclose anonymous, de-identified, or aggregate information that does not reasonably identify you for any purpose permitted by applicable law.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or that you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all Solugen’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Solugen about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided it.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce any agreement, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Solugen, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Communications from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Solugen to promote our own or our affiliates’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or click on the “unsubscribe” link in the communication. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to Solugen as part of a transaction.
Third-Party Services and Content
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, cause the information to be incorrect, or if the information must be retained to effect performance of a contract.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is secured behind firewalls. We also utilize encryption for sensitive data, access control measures, and like security technologies.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
14549 Minetta Street
Houston, TX 77035